BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup all. i need some opinions. i have a friend who is selling his white 96/97 318i. i think its going for like 7-8k. its got a full body kit, full system, angel eye headlamps HID kit, dropped, rims, tints, alarm, intake, exhaust, and he re-did the interior seating in white leather with blue pinstripes around the seat. his friends say theres nothing wrong at all with the car. i saw it from the outside, and theres no body damage. this car is IMMACULATE. interior from what i saw was very nice. he raced a guy in an eclipse and it looked like it had good pickup/speed. in my purchase for a car im not really having speed as a huge factor, cuz basically i drive to work, i drive home. thats about it. i go out on the weekends and of course i'd like a car to turn heads (as this one does). im not gonna race this thing (one of my friends got really fucked up in a racing accident so thats really deterred me). best of all its a 5-speed. the only thing is that its got somewhere in the region of 90-100k on the odometer. my sisters boyfriend builds race engines and he says its could have like 50k on it--and even if i need to do it before, he says he can really hook me up with rebuilding the engine. any thoughts? pleeeeeease advise on this one.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
100k miles is nothing on a bmw...and thats a very good deal and you never want to buy a 318 if its an auto...thats like a civic :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Fruityone@Apr 25 2003, 07:04 AM
100k miles is nothing on a bmw...and thats a very good deal and you never want to buy a 318 if its an auto...thats like a civic :lol:
so with all the stuff it has you think its a good deal? i gotta talk with this guy to make sure he doesnt sell it!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Well first welcome qbancrackr!! As far as the ride fruityone is right..bimmers go along way w/ our 'bulletproof' engines regardless..but it does depend somewhat on how it was driven and taken care of..

As I see it, when you mod your ride you will not get back the return when you sell it..so w/ that said, let's take the 'core' of your ride and see..

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Sounds like a great car. the 318 isn't terribly fast, and if he liked to launch it, not race, but launch, then I'd be weary of the clutch. Other than that, I drive mine like its stolen everyday and no problems to speak of with over 35K miles of ownership.

·
You Can Has A Custom Title!!
4,872 Posts
as long as you take care of um BMW's can have tons of miles on um and be just fine, my 525i when I sold it had 120,000 and it's still running like a dream almost 3 years later (I sold it to a friend) :)
same thing I drove the SIHT out of it

~*Teg*~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts