BMW Werkz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since few days ago my car started to feel totally different... it feels MUCH BETTER.

I dont know what it is, but it never ran better... didn't do anything to it. :D

just felt like telling everybody... Im bored

·
Registered
990 Posts
Did you just buy it? I know when i baught mine it started feeling better after i started using 93 octane...

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i had it since october 03, always been using 89

should I switch to 91 or 93 ?

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
Does anyone know if 91 is required octane? I am hoping that it is required cuz my dad's a cheap basterd and makes me use 87, even though i use my own money to get 89.

·
Registered
990 Posts
i think 91RON or something is the minimum... look in your manual

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
hmmmm did your warmer get warmer??? warm weather makes my car drive like brand new, cold weather makes my car feel older than it is

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know it could be that

as far as I know 87 is minimum requiered for m20 engine

·
Registered
990 Posts
I hate to say it but i filled it half full with 87 the other day.,.. I need employment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an M30, and my engine chokes up if I use less than 89 octane

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by sp0rky@Feb 8 2004, 11:38 PM
hmmmm did your warmer get warmer??? warm weather makes my car drive like brand new, cold weather makes my car feel older than it is
Thats actually not true!! Cars run so much better when it is in cold weather!! You get so many more ponies out of your engine in cold weather compared to warm weather!! Also Turbo's and SC's love cold weather!! And dont do too well in warm weather!! That is why there are strict regulations on after market Turbo's and SC'ers in California

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Well, i never said i get more power when its warmer ;)

The car just feels better, and softer and well built.. in the cold i have bad rattles and a bumpy ride with a rough sounding engine. blah :(

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry forgot to finish the sentence...got sidetrack

what I meant to say is that I need to get a better paid job so I can buy some clears

1 - 15 of 15 Posts