BMW Werkz banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's the deal, i have a 85' 325 and have a 96 740il engine. Question is will it even fit with custom mounts or do i have to move the firewall and stuff. Please let me know all or any helpful info for this project.

· Registered
650 Posts
Wow, thats going to be one heck of a job. Do you have the complete 740 car or just the motor? Your going to need your usuals(motor, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, etc.) Other than that I know nothing about the swap at all.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thats going to be one heck of a job. Do you have the complete 740 car or just the motor? Your going to need your usuals(motor, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, etc.) Other than that I know nothing about the swap at all.
I have the motor and tranny but i wanted to do a manual tranny so the auto wont be getting used.

· Registered
650 Posts
I'm not to sure if there is a manuel tranny for the 740. You'll have to keep us posted, pics?

· Registered
650 Posts
Doesn't look to bad, that hood is going to require alot of work. Hope you plan to powder coat those wheels. Digging the spoiler, very similier to the m ones. Can't wait to see it when its done!

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doesn't look to bad, that hood is going to require alot of work. Hope you plan to powder coat those wheels. Digging the spoiler, very similier to the m ones. Can't wait to see it when its done!
Wheels will be getting changed to some of the 2000 m5 wheels or something similar but they will also be green and they will be powder coated. Oh and the hood is staying how it is..

· Registered
650 Posts
Its just different and it will stand out at the track.
You know putting that motor in is going to offset the weight distrabution quite a bit. So you plan to keep the body in the condition that it is now? Do you plan on doing any suspension mods? Be pretty sick if you went all out and bought a cup kit. But then agian I know my budget couldn't handle that.:(

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You know putting that motor in is going to offset the weight distrabution quite a bit. So you plan to keep the body in the condition that it is now? Do you plan on doing any suspension mods? Be pretty sick if you went all out and bought a cup kit. But then agian I know my budget couldn't handle that.:(
ksport makes some sick coiovers for it so i think that will be the route that im going..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.