BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

A first time on the site so hope you can help?!

I have the above about 130k on the clock, runs very well in all areas. However in the past few months if the car is left without being run for a couple of days (sometimes longer) the car just wont start, the dashboard lights come on fine but the car/starter wont turn. I then had a relay fitted to allow more power to get to the starter, being told this was a common fault on some older BM's. This worked fine until recently when the same problems occurred. I was told at the time the battery was not gonna last, I took it back under the 2 year warrenty (only a year old, no surprise the garage have told me its fine!)

The alternator seems fine as the dash lights don't ever come on when driving. I have read about possible drains i.e. radio, clocks, courtesy lights etc or even a starter motor wire grounding

The digital clock has not displayed properly for a longer time than the problem started, it displays number jargon and is irratic. I am thinking of pulling various fuses out as a test but hoped someone could help...?

Thanks in advance

I've now disconnected the boot light, internal courtesy lights, glove box light, pulled the radio out. Not sure how to disconnect the alarm though!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would have to see it but if the problem is still present use a battery isolator switch it taps into the postive feed and you turn it on or off that will fix it good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts