BMW Werkz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
Looks pretty sweet, would be nice to drive one, lol.

· Premium Member
14,769 Posts
I respect Alpina hugely (after all, one of my all time favorite cars, the E34 B10 Bi-turbo, was modified by them), but I don't exactly understand one thing with the C1 2.3.

It has a m20b23 which was extensively modified to make ... 170hp, which is what a stock m20b25 made anyway. I understand that everywhere in Europe cars are taxed based on displacement, but honestly, if someone had the money to buy a brand new Alpina, they would have had the little extra needed to keep it on the road.

I guess Alpina figured it out too though since they then moved onto shoving 2.5, 2.7 and 3.5 into the e30.

· Registered
650 Posts
I respect Alpina hugely (after all, one of my all time favorite cars, the E34 B10 Bi-turbo, was modified by them), but I don't exactly understand one thing with the C1 2.3.

It has a m20b23 which was extensively modified to make ... 170hp, which is what a stock m20b25 made anyway. I understand that everywhere in Europe cars are taxed based on displacement, but honestly, if someone had the money to buy a brand new Alpina, they would have had the little extra needed to keep it on the road.

I guess Alpina figured it out too though since they then moved onto shoving 2.5, 2.7 and 3.5 into the e30.

Could have something to do with the weight of the motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.