BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's, this is a stupid question but I was looking at the 1993-1995 3 series to purchase and how come some cars have the bmw emblem on the steering wheel and other's don't? I really like it when they have it there hehe. Do they only put it on after a certain year or model?

Dumb question but I love when I see that nice blue and white emblem on my steering wheel! :D

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Mine, (232is 1998) has the emblem and it's got this big-ol dent in it :( How much would one of those run and it easy to pry off the origional one?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
stock steering wheels just have the black roundle on the wheel , i think its the M steering wheels that do have the actual coloured ones.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
it has been my observation that sedans and Ms have the colored emblem and soupes and cabrios dont.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My 94 325i does not have a colored emblem.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mainly, it's the E36 sedans AND coupes, '95 and up that have the emblem. I've seen some 95's without the emblem and some with the emblem. '96 on up is guarunteed in my understanding to have the emblem.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
hmm. This is bizzare.

·
Registered
46 Posts
To keep the debate going, my 92' E36 320i EuroSpec has the Coloured emblem in the steering wheel. Its RHD though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
back when i was shopping around for an e36 i asked the same question, as i think the regular black steerwheel looks pretty ugly. i think it mayy have something to do with the color-emblem steering wheel being part of some sort of pp/sp so that might eb something to think about too. I never did actually figure it out.. the mysteries of bmw

·
Registered
236 Posts
i don't see why not, i mean if you are really into making your car an ///m then that would be one of the finer details

1 - 20 of 20 Posts