BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I really "Get On" my car and put the hammer down, my DSC light will come on, particularly when going around sharp corners. What the hell is this DSC thing and should the light be coming on like this?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
it should blink whenever its being activated. DSC means Dynamic Stability Control, and activates whenever your car is close to losing grip. DSC is bmw's form of traction control which can apply the brake to one wheel at a time automatically to keep each wheel from slipping, plus it can take away engine power from one (or both) of the rear wheels to keep you from fishtailing when on the gas. DSC constantly monitors engine and wheel speeds, and will allow the tires to squeel but not lose grip. of course sudden movements on wet roads will cause a little slide, but it should help you keep from losing control in any situation.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I routinely turn of the DSC in my car when I am even thinking about spirited driving. Even when I hit the gas hard in a slow turn, it kicks in.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by DHW BMW328I@Oct 3 2003, 11:13 PM
MrM3 what is the difference between ASC in the early e46
& DSC in the later e46, they both do the same thing correct ?
yeah its the same technology, but dsc probably has slightly better response or ability in determining the threshold of the cars available traction in situations like dry, rain, or ice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts