BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 528i that these lights have come on recently, with the speedometer intermitently stops working. We replaced both rear wheel sensors: nothing. I took it in to a local garage who does work on foreign models and they thought $1000 worth of work "might" fix it - by replacing the control unit. Please, just tell me what I should do and how this can be fixed. If they can't guarantee that it will work, I certainly am not going to invest that kind of cash. Thank you so much for your advice.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Control unit failure is very common on this year and model. If you search the forums you will find many posts on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same deal with my 99 528i, there is a company called module master who did the work for me and the module can be removed and reinstalled by u (6 screws) very easy repair- worked great when returned- please let me know if this helps- ROCCO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having this problem also and am wondering if having the module repaired requires it to be programed by the dealer and if so what was that cost. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts