BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my DSC light and Brake(yellow)light are on, something it turn off, but most of the time are on, any idea what that is plz...

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
my DSC light and Brake(yellow)light are on, something it turn off, but most of the time are on, any idea what that is plz...
most likely a faulty speed sensor!

jb

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Can you find out what codes the computer is storing? That would tell us for use what the issue is. It could be a speed sensor like johnny mentioned but it could be something else. This is not something you just want to start throwing parts at.

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Can you find out what codes the computer is storing? That would tell us for use what the issue is. It could be a speed sensor like johnny mentioned but it could be something else. This is not something you just want to start throwing parts at.
That yellow brake light he is speaking of is the ABS, unfortunately he will not get a code through the DME.......when I replaced my struts I happen to damage one of the speed sensor cables......but did not know which one.....both ASC & ABS lights were on, so I brought it to the dealer & had them diagnose which one was @ fault & then I bought one for a little over $100.00 @ the time & then I replaced it......$125.00 for 1 hour to diagnose & they wanted $350.00 to replace it......

jb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts