BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My state is soooo flat *Crowd says "How flat is it?"* It's so flat, I once watched my dog run away for 3 days. No hills also means no curves and no curves means no fun roads. But the far SE part of the state has good hills and trees and I happened to be going through there this morning and there is a road that once made a Car and Driver list of best roads called the Talimina Drive. It's a state park where they put in a road across a mountain ridge, just for the scenic drive. NO side roads for about 50 miles of hills and curves. Supposedly never any law enforcement there either. It's a popular ride for the Honda Goldwing clubs.

Anyway, it was drizzley and really Really foggy when I got there. Initial visibility was only 50 feet or so. But the higher up I drove, the better it got (and the faster I went). I like those curves marked 25 mph and taking them at 60. But I still couldn't push too hard and left the traction control on because of the wet roads. Here's a couple pics I took from near the top, with cloud cover down below and a mountain sticking up in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANother

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ANother

Attachments

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Nice!! I gotta find me a road like that over here.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
sooner,

your angel eyes look purdy :thumbs

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by L337E46@Jun 3 2003, 02:55 AM
sooner,

your angel eyes look purdy :thumbs
Ya I agree!! Sweet ride Tom!!