BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

? I have got a problem with my drivers window, it will not close on the 1 press on the switch i have to press the switch many times to get it to go to the top, it goes all the way to the bottom on 1 press and when door is opend and closed it self closes and opens ok that last little bit.

i was told by a mercanic that it can be re set by holding the switch down or fully up for 20 seconds then turn the ignition off then back on it should re set itself tried that did not work :(.

I have also changed the nylon runner guides, greased/oiled runners everything but still no joy i notised the the window will not work with the door open have held in the catch switch while door is open then the window works but only down with 1 press of the switch but many presses to get it to go back to the top.

i have been driving around for over a month now with the door pannel off hoping one day it might of corrected itself thinking that the new nylon runner guides might of been a bit stiff but so far no joy.

if possible could someone please give me some ideas on how i might fix the problem.

P.S. i have no rubbing or grinding sounds commimg from any parts or the window mecanisum all seem to run smothely, as i live in Tenerife south where we have rain about 6 times a year there is no rust on the car inside the doors or mud dust its all very clean inside the door so would not think its a cloging problem on parts.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
when you are sure that there is no rubbing or abnormal friction on glass and weatherstrip, and there is no misalignment in the window regulator mechanism; the only thing left at fault is the window switch might not be contacting properly in the "up" position; or motor itself is grounded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.