BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stationed in Germany and have a euro spec (if that makes a difference) 1990 525I. Last night my problem started, I turn the key int he driver's door and everything unlocks as normal except the driver's side door. The "peg" on the inside moves like it's trying to come up but can't go far enough. I crawled through the pass. side and attempted to unlock the door by hand.. No dice, she won't budge at all, tried pulling ont he handle and pulling up the "peg" pulling on the outside handle and pulling up, tapping the lock while turning it, can't get it to budge at all.

I'm really getting tired of crawling through the passenger's side already so any advice would be appreciated. Using the lock cylinder on the pass. door nets the same results. If any more information is needed let me know and I'll answer to the best of my ability, not new to cars or workign on them by ANY means but new to the Bimmer world and it's freaking cold out here (around 6 degrees Fahrenheit) so I'm not tryign to learn but so much on my own, lol.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now I can't pop my da*n hood, isn't that cable operated..as in nothing to do with any kid of electronics?

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Yes the bonnet is able operated....as for your door lock I would say that's the actuator which you will find attached to the locking system, normally a black box,all you do is remove it take it apart carefully...it just needs a re grease as the grease goes hard over time and stops the auger inside from rotating.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts