BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

New on here so hope you guys can help me out.

I have a 1983 323i e30. We are completely rebuilding it and thinking of replacing the current distributor setup for a coil pack setup .

Any chance anyone has experience with this and can tell me if its actually possible and what i'll need?
I think the biggest thing bugging me is how will you get the Crank angle sensor to pick up a signal when the car never had one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated ;)
Thanks

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts

i did this conversion, made a huge power difference...:p

I honestly have no idea how to mate these to an M20 but i cant imagine its that difficult, im sure its been documented somewhere...i will keep my eyes peeled

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well what i meant was that the current set up runs a distributor so there is no crankshaft position sensor, the disi just runs of the crankshaft.

But i have since discovered that the sytem off a holden the car we'll be getting it off runs its "toothed wheel" that the sensor uses to pick up the timing sits on and behind the harmonic balancer. so we;ll just get taht off and adapt it to this engine :)

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
please document this if you do it...some other members would love to do this as well im sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts