BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dream car had been a 6 speed 540 for years. i finally bought a used 2001 in 2005. only had 40,000 miles on it. love driving it; it has been a nightmare for repairs. Had one bad cylinder which required changing the spark plug every 500 miles; did the compression test; passed, did the leak down test;passed; eventually tore down engine and found out it had been 'hydrolocked'; had to replace the engine; had to replace the alternator; heating/ac system has been a joke; currently trying to figure out why the fan will not operate above a low setting; checked the fuse(75 and 76; that was fun); it was fine; tried replacing the resistor with no effect; looking at buying a used 2004 545; just read about another unfortunate 545 owner who hydrolocked his engine after driving through a 15 inch puddle; just read all the threads about the 2004 545; i guess it was better than not having read them......

·
Registered
59 Posts
I never could figure out why folks go tearing through water pudles on the road. I guess they think that is the way to do it but they soon find out that when the water hits the air intake and is sucked into the engine the engine is then toast. I have seen new cars brought back to the dealer under warannty to try and get them fixed but the warranty is void when the engine has been water locked.

·
Registered
549 Posts
EEESH... That SUCKS!!!!
I had some dilhole pass me on a flooded street one time, I could not get him to pull over and discuss his ignorance!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts