BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm starting to get a little antsy and am considering Dinan upgrades to my car. Has anyone here done them and have you had a postitive/negative experience, both performance-wise and financially? (i.e. was it worth it?)

The S-M3 upgrade seems a bit reasonable for my needs at the time:

Dinan

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I had a few dinan upgrades on my last E36 M3. I had a CF Cold Air Intake and ECU.

I was pretty happy with them overall, although I didn't purchase them, they came on the car when I bought it.

These were matched with a couple other mods like SS exhaust and a few others and I could pull on my buddies M3 that had way more mods then me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. Too bad you weren't able to get a "before & after" experience. Looks like HP is upped to 355, but torque stays relatively the same...which leads me to think that it won't make that noticeable of a diff. except when you run the car really hard. At least it'll sound nicer... :p

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I sort of have a before and after, I've driven a stock M3 similar to mine. But I also had quite a few mods and this was for an E36 M3, not E46 like yours.

If you are willing to consider other tunning companies I've seen quite a few mods for the E46 M3 that could give you a 20-30 hp raise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts