BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2003 325xi automatic and it feels a little under-powered. I'm considering some Dinan perfomance parts (tranny software, engine software and cold air intake). Has anyone tried this with a 325xi? Or, any general experiences with Dinan parts?

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by sfoster13@Aug 28 2003, 02:47 PM
I've just bought a 2003 325xi automatic and it feels a little under-powered. I'm considering some Dinan perfomance parts (tranny software, engine software and cold air intake). Has anyone tried this with a 325xi? Or, any general experiences with Dinan parts?
Well dinan parts dont void the warrenty of the car. but you will be paying alot more then most mods. and yes they are good parts

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by sfoster13@Aug 28 2003, 02:55 PM
any other manufacturers I should look into?
well if you want to keep your warrenty, stick with dinan. but if you dont care about it. AA has a nice chip, not sure if they have a tranny software. If you get a intake from somewhere else then Dinan. Get a K&N filter with it. They are very good filters and last a long time.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome aboard sfoster13!! :welcome B)

Dinan products are very good, but I think they are overpriced for what they can do. Just like e36_332i has mentioned, Dinan will not void your warranty. However, if you choose to get aftermarket products, the dealer will have to prove that whatever product you put in is actually the cause of a problem in order to void a warranty. Software upgrades, CAI, Exhausts are a few products that are very unlikely to void a warranty.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
welcome sfoster13! :wave

honestly, i dont think those dinan parts will give you the boost you are looking for, and they are way over priced. part of the reason is that the car is an auto, the other is cause of bmw's awesome engine managment and engineering that make their engines run pretty close to there full potential from the factory. once your car is getting to the end of its warranty look into getting a s/c for a real step up

·
Registered
264 Posts
i have a 2003 325xi with stage 2 soft. and the CAI. I think it was worth the money primarily because i was able to keep my warranty and still add a little boost to my car. Be aware that these mods arent going to make your car a lot faster or anything, but it does add a little boost and better acceleration. I also like the sound difference as well!

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by AZ325Ci@Aug 28 2003, 10:26 PM

Dinan products are very good, but I think they are overpriced for what they can do. Just like e36_332i has mentioned, Dinan will not void your warranty. However, if you choose to get aftermarket products, the dealer will have to prove that whatever product you put in is actually the cause of a problem in order to void a warranty. Software upgrades, CAI, Exhausts are a few products that are very unlikely to void a warranty.
thanks for finsihin up. i couldnt think of anythin. anyways..im tripping about somehting tonite...one of my friends got murdered by his friends. so im trippin sorry

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by e36_332i_s52+Aug 28 2003, 10:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (e36_332i_s52 @ Aug 28 2003, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AZ325Ci@Aug 28 2003, 10:26 PM

thanks for finsihin up. i couldnt think of anythin. anyways..im tripping about somehting tonite...one of my friends got murdered by his friends. so im trippin sorry [/b][/quote]
sorry to hear that :nope Please explain to great detail in the lounge

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by L337E46+Aug 29 2003, 01:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Aug 29 2003, 01:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2003, 10:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-AZ325Ci
@Aug 28 2003, 10:26 PM
welcome aboard sfoster13!! :welcome  B)

Dinan products are very good, but I think they are overpriced for what they can do.  Just like e36_332i has mentioned, Dinan will not void your warranty.  However, if you choose to get aftermarket products, the dealer will have to prove that whatever product you put in is actually the cause of a problem in order to void a warranty.  Software upgrades, CAI, Exhausts are a few products that are very unlikely to void a warranty.

thanks for finsihin up. i couldnt think of anythin. anyways..im tripping about somehting tonite...one of my friends got murdered by his friends. so im trippin sorry
sorry to hear that :nope Please explain to great detail in the lounge [/b][/quote]
here is a link http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...wtopic=3034&hl=

·
Registered
729 Posts
i second all that was said:

dinan is by far the best way to go in the u.s. due to warranty.

other manufacturers you may investigate: eibach for suspension mods, neuspeed for suspension and performance mods, autothority for chips. if you really want to go expensive and very fast, alpina in germany.

peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice.

Anythony 303, have you considered a new exhaust system as well? If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the CAI and stage 2? Did you install them yourself or have a dealer do it?

Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts