BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
uhg... friggin horrible.. basically it just richens your fuel mixture... which isnt good... worthless

i've said it before, i'll say it again... DINAN sucks...

if you want a chip for your car, do it right & buy a Jim Conforti chip from turnermotorsports

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i dont think its an actual dinan product, the seller probably just put 'Dinan' in the title to bait the viewers. but oreo is right 100%. dont buy that ebay crap

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, glad I asked you guys! It looks too wrong to be a good chip. I'll invest in a Conforti chip before I do anything else to my car, most likely.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Originally posted by llll1l1ll@Dec 6 2003, 08:02 PM
Yeah, glad I asked you guys! It looks too wrong to be a good chip. I'll invest in a Conforti chip before I do anything else to my car, most likely.
WO HOO... someone w/ some sense on this board :D and buy it.... FROM TURNER... get the authentic thing

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the chip will definitely be my next--and first--mod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey people!
Just got my '89 325i last weekend. Definately excited to get some "work" done on it.
I have heard very much the same opinions about Dinan vs. Comforti. Apparently, there just is no comparison, Comforti blows the doors off of Dinan. I think the Dinan name is carried by their performace in the Marketing Department, whereas the Comforti brand carries it's name by it's performace.
My friend is giving me a Dinan chip until I dump a Comforti in there (yes, he replaced his Dinan with the Comforti). I am debating now cuz I feel like I might as well just drop down the cash and do it right the first time. :rock

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by bspaceman@Dec 9 2003, 05:48 AM
Hey people!
Just got my '89 325i last weekend. Definately excited to get some "work" done on it.
I have heard very much the same opinions about Dinan vs. Comforti. Apparently, there just is no comparison, Comforti blows the doors off of Dinan. I think the Dinan name is carried by their performace in the Marketing Department, whereas the Comforti brand carries it's name by it's performace.
My friend is giving me a Dinan chip until I dump a Comforti in there (yes, he replaced his Dinan with the Comforti). I am debating now cuz I feel like I might as well just drop down the cash and do it right the first time. :rock
Welcome bspaceman :wave

remember theyre just chips, there probably isnt too much difference between dinan and conforti, and its not like either one is gonna give you a major boost in power

·
Registered
108 Posts
oh, but there IS major diference between DINAN & conforti... dinan used to be programed to only change your output at Wide Open THrottle... conforti is not....

if you go to any forum w/ a large e30 representation, 90% of guys that have chips have conforti chips... and there's a reason for that :cheers

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by OreoGaborio@Dec 9 2003, 07:56 PM
oh, but there IS major diference between DINAN & conforti... dinan used to be programed to only change your output at Wide Open THrottle... conforti is not....

if you go to any forum w/ a large e30 representation, 90% of guys that have chips have conforti chips... and there's a reason for that :cheers
conforti deffinately has the best reputation, and offers a little more than dinan, but if youre getting a free dinan chip there's really no rush to get the conforti imo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts