BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get an opinion as to how BMW NA warranty is affected by installing third party mods from reputed dinan / ac schnitzer parts?

I am looking at the free flow exhaust, the performance engine software upgrade, and the cold air filter. That should push up the stock 184 hp to a cool 195 hp @ 6000rpm with a modified (less delay) fly by wire throttle !!! The best thing is the max torque ranges between 3000-4000rpm !!

:driving

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would also agree w/ woobie... Dinan would be a better pick because of the WARRANTIES... some BMW dealers install Dinan parts and Dinan will equal BMW's warranties also... but AC schnitzer (very good after market products) but the warranties (??????).
Hope that helps....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
ok, i just noticed the star saying that the warranty is only available in the UK, and i dont think that add answers the main question whether or not it voids the bmw warranty...sry

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
fly by wire aint better.. variable resistors take a second to take affect when you go WOT.. where as a cable system has no delay.. only good above 3500 rpm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'm going to ask about Dinan products at my dealer. Hopefully they don't charge me to much :D

Thanks for the tip CBA. Looks like I'll skip the upgrade software. The exhaust and air filter should provide an additional (and comfortable) 11hp extra. With larger rear tires, hopefully that translate into more fun

:driving

1 - 7 of 7 Posts