BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my problem - when ever i take my foot off the gas, the car decelerates very quickly, almost like i'm stepping lightly on the brakes. i have an automatic 94 325i. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't seem like this is what should happen after coming off the accelerator. the car should be coasting but should not feel like it is breaking automatically. HELP!?!?!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
K well the only thing that i can think of is this... 1) are u driving in something other than drive when it does this? Becuase if you are say in 3rd and doing 65 mph as soon as you let go of the gas ill slow down the car, thats how it works just like a manual transmission would for you, or if you were doing like 50 in 2nd it would slow you down too, but if you arent about like 4grand rpms i dont know what it could be.... but i know if you are higher in rpms thats what it is!

David

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope.. it's in drive (D), it feels like the brakes are too close to the rotors or something. I don't really know how all the brake mechanism works but the braking and deceleration seems very tight, quick and fast. although it is a good thing to be able to stop fast, i sense there might be something wrong. If this helps, i'm riding on 17's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
any tranny mods/replacement etc. ie. lighten flywheel or a pulley install?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope..no mods i know of. i was driving it today and it feels like i was in a manual downshifting. oh well, i'll get it checked ASAP.

·
Registered
497 Posts
do the rpm's seem any higher while cruising, even slightly? Sounds like maybe your torque converter isn't locking up. How many miles are on the car? How long have you had it? Any problems before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the car idles just fine. the only problem is when i take my foot off the gas - it decelerates very quickly. the car does this usually the first few minutes of driving then it seems to go away as the car warms up. everything else mechanically performs excellent.

bought last month as a mod/project car
94 325i
150,xxx miles
$6900

i'm 18 and i'm starting my auto tech class in a week, the entire auto tech class is 2 years long. i bought my 325i planning to fix this up as i progress through my auto tech courses and using it to get recruited by one of the bay area's bmw dealerships :naughty . i couldn't pass this up as it drives well and runs smooth except for the first few minutes. my other car is a 90 nissan 300zx tt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts