BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about swapping out the demon eyes from the hella HID/Ellipsoid/Demon eyes headlight assembly. I like the chrome because I wanted to put the crystal clear euro corners and side markers on, so I figure they would look good with the chrome housing of the hella kit. However, the dde's on that kit aren't THAT good, and the little "hella" emblem at the bottom of the assembly covers part of the dde... which i don't like. Would I be better off assembling my own kit or maybe having someone do it for me?

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by e36m52rocks@Jan 11 2004, 07:32 PM
Hey folks. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about swapping out the demon eyes from the hella HID/Ellipsoid/Demon eyes headlight assembly. I like the chrome because I wanted to put the crystal clear euro corners and side markers on, so I figure they would look good with the chrome housing of the hella kit. However, the dde's on that kit aren't THAT good, and the little "hella" emblem at the bottom of the assembly covers part of the dde... which i don't like. Would I be better off assembling my own kit or maybe having someone do it for me?
im not sure about that one..look at bimmerforums.com i bet someone has tried it

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by e36m52rocks@Jan 11 2004, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah... and are they DOT approved? AGH!!! so much they dont tell you! :p
most likey

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
No e36 ellipsoids are DOT legal, even if they are DOT approved. WTF. In states that do inspections, I hear the common thing to do is have DOT etched on the glass.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any particular font/type etc? i don't particularly feel like having to swap out my headlights every time i go for inspection.... or having tickets written... blah.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I dont think it matters, as long as DOT appears in caps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts