BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when i start the car the red dash lights stay on dimly (oil, battery, etc etc) why is this?

Also when the ignition is on the bit before startup the handbrake light is lit dimly even when the handbrake is off. And when you pull the handbrake up the handbrake light gets brighter is this normal?

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Lights stay dim on start up points me to bad alternator or battery as for the handbrake light this could be connected to the above or the switch is sticky.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
even though its not just the battery light? ok this might be related to my possible voltage regulator issue.
And when the handbrake is off i know the switch isnt connecting because i have my center console out (might be putting it back in soon... flippin heater core), Thanks

Also i forgot to mention before the oil light stays on for about 1 second after start up (fully lit) i supose as it builds pressure? and also the battery light comes on breifly when you turn the engine off.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Also i forgot to mention before the oil light stays on for about 1 second after start up (fully lit) i supose as it builds pressure? and also the battery light comes on breifly when you turn the engine off.
Oil light: normal as you say pressure build up, Batt light: also normal, but only for a millisecond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts