BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Mr. Bacon
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have removed the following:
-A/C Lines interior and exterior, Rad with aux fan (if anyone needs some A/C stuff let me know, pay shipping and its yours)
-Wiring harness: That little fucker didnt want to come out thru the firewall
-Radiator and expansion tank... Only when you think you have drained it all you remove another hose and voila instant mess
-Power steering container and hoses, this was the messiest
-Grills (Should I remove the lights? Valence? Im going to repaint the engine bay since its a good time for that)

Stuff Ordered:
-Stewart high performance water pump
-80C thermostat
-Alum. Thermostat Housing

Stuff I have already received
-Top End gasket kit
-Bottom End Gasket Kit
-M50B25Tu
-Getrag 5spd

Things I need/want:
-Lightweight flywheel
-M50 clutch

Waiting on an answer for S50 cams, intake boot and MAF

For those that have done the swap, what kind of mounts did you use? What are the options for the exhaust? I was thinking of getting a set of ebay headers and have someone make an exhaust to the cat-back. I'll post some pics later.

·
Mr. Bacon
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New parts have arrived, need to pick them up. I also got a e36 steering rack for 50$ so that will be going in too.

The removal:

The two brothers:

And the other brothers:

Strip Tease:

And for kicks:

·
Registered
670 Posts
kraut! my boy lol i was waitin for someone to recognize me. man i have been around let me tell you.

·
Mr. Bacon
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so...Estimated time of completion?
about 3 cases of beer... yeah i know my drinking has gone down quite a bit

TODO List:
-Finish cleaning the engine
-Paint the block
-Do leak down & install new gaskets
-Clean & paint engine bay
-Move the booster
-Swap fuel tank
-Subframe bushings

I still need to buy motor mounts and tranny mounts. E30 rack is already removed, just need to modify the knuckle for the e36 rack.

My brother refuses to help with the cleaning process, so its not helping.

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
whats this about swapping tanks? why?

from what i understand the ebay headers are pretty decent...i didnt get them becuase of California laws will not allow me to run after-market ones unless i get California legal ones...which are TMS headers which are $$$$$

·
Mr. Bacon
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill take pics of my gas tank when its out, i hope you dont cry when you do see the pics.

if only i could use a pressure washer to clean the engine and engine bay...maybe ill just do it when the bosses leave for vacation :shifty

house hunting and doing a swap at the same time is kind of difficult

·
Mr. Bacon
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes its on its way with an e34 throttle cable. I have to go pick up a shipment of parts thursday too. Anyone want free beer? Come to Canada Land

·
Mr. Bacon
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot to mention its excellent beer, not those cheap well known brands like Coors or Bud and what not.

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
that beer label looks like Smithwicks By Guinness

btw any late E30 325i radiator will work...also so will the E36 325i radiator...i just grabbed a used E30 rad and slapped it in...

·
Mr. Bacon
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah just ran out, going to get a new collection this week. Something from the locals should do.

Things you will not see in my personal fridge (theres 3, 2 have beer):
-Coors Light
-Any Bud or Molsons
-Black Label
-Labatts

Looking for some Creemore but i think ill have to cross the provincial border to get some, good thing im only 5mins away :p The best beers are in N-B and thats too far.

--------------------
Back on topic

I have the 88 325is Rad that came with the car ;) should work fine. For headers, should I get OBDI or OBDII or it doesnt matter? I read somewhere something about clearance issues.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts