BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a few days ago i noticed my clutch starting to go. well today on the way back home from work the peddle hit the floor, and the clutch wasnt grabbing,, GOD DAMN it just before christmas, ,,, well looks like this week ill be learning how to replace and repair a clutch assemby for an E36..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
hey fury, If you are going to be doing your own clutch, post and let me know how much of a pain it was to get the trans out. I am planning on doing a track clutch sometime next month.

aaron

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes im gonna help do my clutch , its one of those things i dont wanna mess up, so ill let my head mechanic do it and ill watch and help

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Get the AA clutch and ltw flywheel package two....

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
the AA clutch and flywheels.. Is this a good aftermarket clutch setup?? and how light is the flywheel? I have seen so far one for 11lbs and one for 8lbs which I would only use the 8lbs for track use as it's a bit too light and would cause rough idle. give me idea's, I've never heard of AA clutches.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah ,, because it happened right away im going stock. i dont care much for performance untill i gain at least another 25hp (that will be a while)
also i will be actually helping tommorow with the clutch, i spent most of the day working at the mechanics doing tuneups and winterizing cars.
they gave me a loner car, a beige E28 , kinda slow but hey its a bimmer at least.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took the clutch apart , first off, its NOT an easy job, we got the clutch out in 1 hour 15 minutes (original clutch so it was harder, also dont forget there was two of us)

my throw out bearing is shot and my presure plate has lost all tension in the fingers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts