BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My teacher wants me to talk about stuff before driving the car, like how the door opens, how the seatbelts are (like there's anything different between a BMW and Audi seatbelt) and the mirror adjustments. where are the knobs to change the outside mirrors?? and some other stuff, more about driving the car, stopping, rolling stop. damn, i guess i'll have to bs a lot. too bad the audi guy wants a copy of my paper, so i don't want to look like an idiot with crap information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,645 Posts
So she wants you to write the article like its for "Womans day" or "Good Housekeeping" instead of Car & Driver or Roundel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SoonerE39@Apr 30 2003, 09:43 PM
So she wants you to write the article like its for "Womans day" or "Good Housekeeping" instead of Car & Driver or Roundel.
fuck yeah. i just described the radio functions, ease of climate control, and driving around the 5 mile loop. smoothness of shifts, how the thing felt in my hands, heaviness of clutch, and she wants stuff like "well what did you do before you drove it, and before you got in the car?""" arg

so sooner, do you know if the door is heavier or something on the A4 vs 3 series? she wants to know that....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,645 Posts
The A4 is only available in 4 door and 2 doors are available on the 3. But comparing 4 door to 4 door, I don't know. You might have to make it up. Add in some curb weights and lengths. Discuss lighted visor mirrors (don't call it a makeup mirror or she'll think you are patronizing her.) How is the visibility when backing? Cargo Capacity? Cup holders? This is crap she probably looks at when shopping for a car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SoonerE39@Apr 30 2003, 09:52 PM
The A4 is only available in 4 door and 2 doors are available on the 3. But comparing 4 door to 4 door, I don't know. You might have to make it up. Add in some curb weights and lengths. Discuss lighted visor mirrors (don't call it a makeup mirror or she'll think you are patronizing her.) How is the visibility when backing? Cargo Capacity? Cup holders? This is crap she probably looks at when shopping for a car.
thanks sooner! i'm going to put that stuff in my paper. actually she is cool, she's like 27, and loves driving stick. we were talking about how she hates driving one w/out a tach, like her brother's old VW. so it's not too bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
LoL wtf a manuel without a tach? Thats like ... having a keg party without a tap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@May 1 2003, 07:16 AM
LoL wtf a manuel without a tach? Thats like ... having a keg party without a tap
cars reallt didnt have tachs in them til lik the 90's...lik my bros 88 truck..it was a 4 speed but didnt have a tach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
lol... maybe not trucks and vans but i know cars did. Like mustangs and cameros and corvettes... all those oldie goody cars. Charger, GTO, chevelle... they all had tachs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,973 Posts
I think we are entering a sad era for the tachometer. Think about it, how many AUTOMATIC cars have them now? Its just sad. And in auto cars that don't have them (lots of civics in my area do it) people are putting them in. ARGGGGGG.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top