BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something slammed against my windshield this morning...i think it was a kid or something...lol...just kidding...it was probably a rock.....it put a mark about the size of this " :blink: " and the cracks around it is about the size of a quarter......i know once there is one crack its gonna eventually web out through the whole glass....is there anything i can do to fix/repair/prevent this before it gets worse?

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
Originally posted by KingScare@Dec 3 2003, 05:12 AM
:dunno

don't drive fast...or behind 18 wheelers?
LOL umm there is a 1800 number to call this nationwide service comes to your house and fixes it. Cost me about 225.Maybe less. Ill reply again wiht # asap

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
just replace it if the crack is big enough they cant do anything for it, but id get a second opinion

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
Hey what state are you in? If in so. Cali there is a website winsheildguy.com or check your yellow or white pages for windsheild doctor depending on where ur located

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah crap...i was trying to look for a solution so that i didnt have to spend too much money.....is there something to fill in the glass?....like some kind of liquid window or some shit...lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Some winshield shops can repair a small bullseye or crack for a nominal fee. Also Pepboys sells a DIY kit that is for Quarter size or smaller damage. Both options only prevent the damage from becoming worse. I have used the DIY kit twice and have not had an issue with either vehicle that it was installed in. Again it will only prevent the damage from getting worse. The only way to fix it correctly is to replace the winshield.
Ben

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
it will spread like mad if its cold outside and you have the heat on or vice versa...this happend to one of my friends in the winter and within a day or 2 it had spread massively

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok...thanks ben....i'm going to take care of this tomorrow as the temperature here in new york is dropping like nuts.....it was 27 degrees yesterday.....brrrrr

·
Registered
31 Posts
i had a small crack on my windshield fixed about a week ago. Insurance covered it for free...otherwise it would've cost 50 bucks. i think the windshield guy just filled the crack with some sort of substance, wasnt there when he did it... crack is barely noticeable now...pretty good job.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
my windshield is so old and worn. I want a new one. You should see if you insurance will cover the replacemnt w/o you having to pay the detuctible. Some places are like that.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i know that my insurace co. covers the first claim. other companies do it as well, my friend got a free windshield as his first claim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts