BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real new to BMW so bear with me please if I'm blowing smoke.

I got into the ride today and it turned the key. It wouldn't start, made like a slight clicking sound, lights and stuff came on. Tried 3 times same thing, turned the key over and still no luck. Checked to confirm that it was in park, pulled it down into drive and back into park and then she fired up no worries.
WTF is going on with that? Any ideas please.

Also, the gas gauge fluctuates up and down like I've never seen in any other car. I'm not talking about normal fluctuations due to the fuel sloshing back and forth or being parked on an incline. This was definitely noticable. Got into the car this morning, it was below 3/4. Drove it a short distance parked, came back out a couple hours later started her up and it was above 3/4 then below 3/4, then above.

I mean this shit really pisses me off. Are these traits of BMW or am I in for a battle with the dealer?

1 fukin week with the car and I'm already dealing with shit.. :banghead

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
for the engine start; is your wheel in the lock mode? if you try to turn the wheel while its off, it will get locked so it wouldnt turn anymore. when this happens, the ignition does not work. when its locked, stick the key into the ignition and start the car *while you wobble the steering wheel left and right. this starts the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts