BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 BMW 525I. There are 2 coolant lines that run to what I think is a sensor, at the air box, that is broken. Could someone give me the correct name of this sensor, so I can purchase another one. Thanks, Foosey

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
I highlighted what you need (make sure you get #11, the o-ring as well) -- part numbers are on the right.

AutohausAZ.com has both parts for 50ish (and 50+ orders are free shipping).

Have fun.

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
I have a 95 BMW 525I. There are 2 coolant lines that run to what I think is a sensor, at the air box, that is broken. Could someone give me the correct name of this sensor, so I can purchase another one. Thanks, Foosey
Torque...........got it!

jb :)

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Johnny, see my post above yours.

There really is two lines that run to some sort of auxiliary thermostat that measures intake air temperature and controls water flow based on it or something like that. News to me too, but I believe I found the right part he needs.

edit: description from BavAuto:
This is part of the fuel injection system and installs into the air filter housing. It includes the O-Ring, BMW part# 13 54 1 735 380.

It's purpose is to regulate the flow of coolant to the throttle body depending upon the outside air temperature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

I thank you all for your help. This is my first BMW. I'm used to working on Nascar race cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts