BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased original BMW Xenon units for my headlights, Once i installed everything, and turn the lights on they work. But once i turn on the engine the lights begin to flicker. What is going on, i dont know what to do to fix the problem.

·
Registered
736 Posts
This kind of problem, you should take it to BMW dealer since you have the BMW HID kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:goodness: hi. since the xenon gas needs to be turned into plasma state ~30.000 Volts are required, there is a transformator of 12V to 30,000. if the Voltage is under about ~9 V the light will start flickering. if it fall far low than 9V than the flicker intervals will get longer(about 5-6 a second). (actually it flickers normally but >80 Hz so you cannot feel it!) :blush

now;
:D it can be due to:
-non original power cables which causes bigger resistance.
-but i guess it is due to your car battery lost its performance and can generate low voltage.

seems like you need a new battery i guess :driving

Yalin KILIC

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had no idea you could do that...i guess my BMW dealership here has retards working for them. I asked them about the lights, and they said that you can't change my halogens for the Bixenons, with out major modifications. But from what i am understanding...by trying to educate myself with these threads- is that you can. THe ones i'm wanting are the ones that self level. I am really greatful for this site. thanks!!

Dallas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts