BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i have a few questions that you guys might know about. first , as you can see im new and been reading your topics alot very good stuff. So anyway i just bought a 1992 535i with 133k mi auto. when i first bought it the tranny felt weird like it was kicking into gear but stupid me i bought it anyway. Now I think i got a big problem cause its doing something differnt then when i bought it .Now when i take off its fine till i get to second gear when it revs to about 4 or 5 then shifts and on the highway at 70 MPH im reving close to 3000 RPM.Also if I try to Hit passing gear it will just hit the rev limiter and wont catch the gear. I know some pepole get the TRANS PROG. light on the LED display but i never got that so now im not sure what to do some guys say replace the GEAR SELECTOR SWITCH some guys say replace the tranny?

·
Registered
74 Posts
:banghead

Ok George5er. I don't have the answer, sorry can't help you much.

But here Im :welcome you bmw-forums..

Hope you don't feel alone. :p

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a 535i but I havent had that problem and dont know what it might be, but I will like to say anyways.....

:welcome

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
check the fluid b4 doing anything i bet its really crustty and burned time for a flush.. either that or there isnt any in there.. check it asap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts