BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today everything was completed on my M5 conversion of my 97 540ia...

Today i picked it up, all painted, bumpers on, fog lights wired - all complete.

In total everything cost about $6,000 (wheels, bumpers, paint, labor, misc parts)
The only thing left to do is to weld on the exhaust tip (easily done) Take a look at my pictures, and tell me what you think.....

[attachmentid=21104][attachmentid=21103][attachmentid=21102][attachmentid=21105][attachmentid=21106]

See the entire evolution of my e39 at this link

Step by Step Upgrades

Update 5/13/05

I've put on 20% tints on my windows....take a look.
[attachmentid=21921][attachmentid=21922][attachmentid=21923][attachmentid=21924]

Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
nice! now debadge, throw on exhaust, intake, angel eyes w/ HID, and chip it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the M5 mirrors, but I haven't found a good source for them yet. The only other project (for now) that I've been looking at is tinting my windows (everyone has been telling me that for awhile now)

·
Registered
80 Posts
dont de-badge otherwise people wil think it is a M5. I would ge the mirrors because they look sweet. But leave the 540i on there to represent.
Looks great!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking ill keep the 540....but i've been tempted to put M5 on instead...

I know its a sin :devil , but for 6k, i might as well just bought an M5...we'll see how it goes. I'm thinking ill just enjoy it for now the way it is...for now.

:bimmer

I think ill keep away from an M5 badge....just for you SLVR...mind if i join the no m badges on non M?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Join the club ///Matt, few others are joining too, i think Komodo was in too...

the club that will take over :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow very nice car. Looks like an '03 now w/ M sport package :thumbs

Thats how I want my future 540 to look, but with M Parallel wheels and painted moldings.

How about an M5 spoiler? And I dont think an M5 badge would work since you can easily differentiate without having the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
looks awesome. I love those wheels. Yes tint would really look good, but I would stay away from the M badge if it were mine

·
Super Moderator
3,805 Posts
Originally posted by ///Matt+Apr 14 2005, 08:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(///Matt @ Apr 14 2005, 08:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm thinking ill keep the 540....but i've been tempted to put M5 on instead...
[snapback]332653[/snapback]​
[/b]

Why? Sure, you'll trick a few people... But is that worth it for what the rest of them will be thinking? What happens when someone wants to race you in your pretend M5? :nono

Originally posted by ///[email protected] 14 2005, 08:04 PM
I know its a sin :devil , but for 6k, i might as well just bought an M5...we'll see how it goes.  I'm thinking ill just enjoy it for now the way it is...for now.
Er... well, yea. Shoulda got a 93 m5 and saved all those dollars that won't contribute to the resale value of your car.

<!--QuoteBegin-///Matt
@Apr 14 2005, 08:04 PM
:bimmer
...mind if i join the no m badges on non M?
[/quote]

You just spent 6k to make it look like an m5... it's got m5 stuff on it... but you want to debadge it doesn't seem like you're trying to be something else? I dont' get it.

·
Super Moderator
3,805 Posts
I'm sorry. I spent a long time trying to word what I was thinking without making it sound mean. :nope I guess I spent too long with it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts