BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone else has had cold weather issues, my 2004 330Ci will not start and I was told that there is a known issue with the 2004 and that a part needs to be replaced and that BMW is not covering it due to the fact that it only affects the colder states. Any insight from anyone is greatly appreciated as I was told this is an $800 fix. :help

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I am wondering if anyone else has had cold weather issues, my 2004 330Ci will not start and I was told that there is a known issue with the 2004 and that a part needs to be replaced and that BMW is not covering it due to the fact that it only affects the colder states. Any insight from anyone is greatly appreciated as I was told this is an $800 fix. :help
You will more than likely need to replace your CCV with the cold weather version and maybe have your VANOS checked. Those two have been common problems on M52 and M54 motors for awhile now. I had a similar issue with my E39 where it would stall and idle like crap until the engine reached operating temperature.

$800 sounds really steep. I have a good independent mechanic and I paid ~$450 for parts and labor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts