BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.

whenever i start the car in the morning or when its cold, the rpm acts like a heart beat detector, it goes down to 400 and gets back to normal and keeps doing that until it warms up, and sometimes it shuts off but i start it back again without any problems, what do you all think?

2nd thing i got an oil leak from the oil filter housing o-ring, i'll fix it soon but i need to know if that has any thing to do with the yellow light that comes on right after i start the car and goes off within 20 seconds?

forgot to mention its a 2000 328i

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
The idle sounds like a idle control valve (more commonly referred to as ICV); sounds like it could need a good cleaning.

As for the oil light ... 20 seconds seems an awful long time for it to go out. Are you absolutely positive you're not running low on oil? If the answer is no, I'm gonna go ahead and suspect that your oil is too thick for the temperatures and it's causing a low pressure condition on startup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The idle sounds like a idle control valve (more commonly referred to as ICV); sounds like it could need a good cleaning.

As for the oil light ... 20 seconds seems an awful long time for it to go out. Are you absolutely positive you're not running low on oil? If the answer is no, I'm gonna go ahead and suspect that your oil is too thick for the temperatures and it's causing a low pressure condition on startup.
idle proplem: is it suppose to do that even when the car is completly warmd up cause it only does it when its cold + why does it shutt off, it pisses me off honestly!

oil: i always check the oil level before i drive the car, and fill it up with 5w/30 the one that last for 15,000 miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts