BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wsup....i'm new to the board....and i love the whole thing...maybe u guys can help me...i got a 1994 325i. its stock and the first thing i want to do is go for that cold air intake...at first i considered the Dinan....but its $450...i dont think its worth it....the only other intake i saw that was comparable was the racing dynamic one ( http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/mercha...ry_Code=ae36tun )which runs for about $230 and the Jim Comforti one ( http://www.evosport.com/product/images/per...take_e36_lg.jpg ) which runs for about $350.....which one would i be better off going with?.....is there anything else u guys can suggest?....email me or msg me on msn messenger at [email protected] or AIM at Trinidon2k ...THANX IN ADVANCE :driving

·
Registered
457 Posts
these are pretty easy to make i only spent $50 bucks and it looks the same...but all does same thing so go for the cheapest unless you just want the NAME.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by Eggrolled211@Aug 29 2003, 04:22 PM
these are pretty easy to make i only spent $50 bucks and it looks the same...but all does same thing so go for the cheapest unless you just want the NAME.
:thumbs ya the part that is the most amount of $$ is the filter

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know next to nothing when it comes to cars....i dont want to build osmething and then it makes my car catch fire or something...lol....i dont really care about the brand....thats just the two that i saw that looked the best.......if its that easy to make...i guess i can look into it....i went to that site that tells u how to make it in the other cold ait intake post...but it mentioned a lot off tools that i didnt have...so i didnt consider it an option....i'm just looking for something that would give me nice vrooooom sound....(as opposed to that buzzing sound)....and maybe add to 7-10 hp....any suggestions oh what to buy will be really helpful.... also i ran across a site that did a comparison with the conforti and ECIS http://www.logun.org/intake.htm ....according to them...the Conforti kit is an exact fit...which is good...i didnt want to have to do any extra work since i am inexperienced....this is my first car

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
get a FAQ for makin one :thumbs

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u got a link to one?....i'm open to anything....but this really doesnt seem like a good idea to me...i'm scared i mess something up

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by trinidon2k@Aug 29 2003, 04:52 PM
u got a link to one?....i'm open to anything....but this really doesnt seem like a good idea to me...i'm scared i mess something up
theres really notin to mess up...let me look for one for you

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
i cant find one right. i had a brain fart. but i know there not really hard to make.many of people have made there own

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks anyway...if you or anyone else comes across anything....just post it or let me know somehow.....as of now....i'm thinking of just buying the kit....lemme know which is good/worth the price...thanks all

·
Registered
457 Posts
The most important thing is the Heat shield try to get that first separately,the intake you can get separately at pepboys, ebay etc. save some $$$ for other crap...man these stuff are expensive for bimmers....if you still want to buy instead get jim conforti...alwayz heard of ++++ from them....

·
Registered
23 Posts
or you can buy the one ive had sitting around for about a year

aluminum heatshield, aluminum piping, black and blue silicon connectors, cone filter

cleaned and everythign when taken off.

$60 and you just haev to install it

im me at crookednunzo if interested, im rarely on this board

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i been looking into the Jim Conforti CAI....and i think thats the one i'm gonna go with.....does anyone have the dyno test for a 1994 325i?.....that information seems unknown on all the websites that i've checked.....is there any reason for that?....also....the best price i've seen so far was $349 (does not include shipping) ....anyone seen a better price?

·
Registered
38 Posts
nunzo319 -

i don't IM, but would be interested in getting some more info. on your CAI. is it homemade or bought? if bought, what brand? what did you pull it off of? and, would it be direct fit for the 2.8 I6 in my '97 328?

post here/pm or email me at [email protected].

thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i went to buy the conforti intake and the guy i was buying it from told me that i'm better off getting the dinan CAI because conforti doesnt pass emission test....is this true or is he just trying to get more money off me?....i dont see how intake could increase emission that much

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by 2slow3@Sep 2 2003, 01:44 PM
nunzo319 -

i don't IM, but would be interested in getting some more info. on your CAI. is it homemade or bought? if bought, what brand? what did you pull it off of? and, would it be direct fit for the 2.8 I6 in my '97 328?

post here/pm or email me at [email protected].

thanks!
homemade, i'm really good at diy style stuff. it should bolt up directly to yours, fitting along the strut bump and rad support.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the conforti intake for my '99 328i. Problem is, although I want the increased hp (I'm getting the shark injector too), I don't want a noisy car. How much noisier will my car get as a result of the intake? If it's real noisy I might be inclined to stay with my drop-in K&N filter. I'd appreciate any info on noise increase with the conforti intake. Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the confortti CAI from TMS...www.turnermotorsport.com was 349 plus shipping... maybe 15 bucks? i dont remember.

Thing works very very nice... as for emissions the guy is bull shitting you. I did emissions yesterday as a matter of fact and passed with flying colors. (Plus the sound the intake with my new exhaust made, made everyone watch my car get tested, even a guy with a sl500 :bravo)

Ill cast my vote towards confortti, i love it.

-Mark

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
for making an intake, you need to bend a pipe, which i doubt any of you have the machine to do that, so you would have to go to a shop with o ne.

also, you need to get an intake that is made well, or make one well. if you dont have the right positioning, then you will be bringing in hot air, which is decrease in preformence. i am not too sure how well a heat sheild will really work... isnt it just a peice of metal inbetween your engine and intake? wont the sheild itself get hot? and heat can go around it pretty easily.

i am not sure what good positioning would really be for an intake. does anyone know?

i was/am in the same situation as you mark. i dont know too much about car, nor can i work on them. parents dont knowcrap, and i dont have many tools besides screwdrivers and hammers :p

intake noise might acutally get annoying to some after week or months, just becuase of the constant noise. it may not be for some people.

i ahve read that getting a green filter or k&n and dropping it into your air box will give you similar results.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
what is the deal with people dredging up year old threads?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts