BMW Werkz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my original topic about this was deleted, along with my account for some reason. But anyway, found a powerflow air kit for a 90 535i at bavauto.com, and they are one of the top bmw tuner catalog companies. I have seen cold air for the e39, but never for the e34. It made such a huge difference on my e30, and it was going to be my first buy for my e34, but I couldn'yt find a kit ANYWHERE. I've heard that cone filters actually reduce hp for e34's, but I contacted bavauto, and they said I could try it for 30 days and get a refund if it isn't satisfactory. The kit is 100 bux, so should I get it? And to all other e34 owners- What did you do in the air filter category? It just looks so... Stock.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats the same site I read, and the only site that negates cone filters.Its just that every single car in the known universe gets an advantage from it, and the cone would suck the same air that the box already gets... I just cant figure out why no one else has done anything at all to that area. Leaving anything stock seems wrong.... Also, e34.de says something about it in the tuning section, yet all I can make out is Luft=air filter-filter. Lots of pics list that as a mod, so I'm missing something.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have the same question... I hear of many other cars gaining HP from cold air intake... i dont know why it would be any different for the e34?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cmon guys, I need your suggestions. Do it- Yes/no??

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah if you can get a refund if you arent satisfied why not try it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okie Dokie. I'll order it, then post here to tell of the results...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
WERD :werd:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Any chance you can do a dyno test be4 and after so we can know the exact results? :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Im getting bored with my car and I, too want to try this. What brand filter do you recommend and does it filter the air as good as the stock paper element?

Thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dyno.... Where? I live in socal, am 17, and only have about 600 from picketing at Ralph's. They used to pay us about 8 an hour to picket, but now its 5. I quit, and therfor dont have much money. I am interested in doing a duno test, as my car has 126,000 miles and might have lost compression, but I did put an eat chip in. Is there a nearby dyno for cheap?

And with my ~600 dollars, I plan to buy:
coldish air filter-103.99 at bavauto.com
tint-100
short shifter to try and remove 4th gear grinding-126
any suggestions????

5 speed 535i. --- :driving

·
Registered
990 Posts
i dont even know where/how much to get it done

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone know socal dynos???

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well in Southern California the closest one I know of is in Hunighton Beach, its called PowerTrain Dynamics. I know you get 3 runs for a certain amout, not sure cuz I did mine as a group so it was $75 for 3 runs but I dont know how much it is regular. but its close so how can you lose!! Just call 411 and ask for Powertrain Dynamics in HB andyou are set!! Hope that helps

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, that does! Today I bought the kit, along with a front stress bar and smoked turn signals, rounding out to about $370. Bavauto shipped the kit TODAY!!! Props to them for that, as that is the best experience I've ever had with a online company. I ordered the lights and strut bar from bmtown. And again, NO one order from gaugeco.com. I shudder to think about that experience....

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Originally posted by Stuka@Nov 28 2003, 01:31 PM
And again, NO one order from gaugeco.com. I shudder to think about that experience....
You should elaborate in the bimmertalk section.

and show some pics of the intake once you install it

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The aggravation I experienced ordering from that site and waiting 4 weeks and getting no feedback and contemplating suicide and Ahhhh......

Cant go back there again. But, I will post pics for you guys and the results too. I checked my mail like an hour after I ordered my intake, and they already shipped it! I think i said that before, but damn that really impressed me.

:thumbsdown gaugeco.com

:thumbs bavauto.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts