BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am new here - just purchased a '94 vert in great shape.
Have changed the water pump and belts and am going through the rest of the routine maintenance stuff like fluids,etc.
The other day I heard a big bang and found I have a broken rear coil spring on my car. I had purchased a set of springs years ago for my 318ti as an upgrade off ebay. But I have lost the info on the springs, the fellow I got them from upgrade his car to H&R coils.
Problem is I am having a hard time cross referencing the number on the spring, it does nopt show up on RealOEM BMW parts...
The code is 11 38312 the springs are 9.25" high, have 7 coils and the thickness coil itself is + 5/8" thick.....I have searched everywhere, so I am hoping someone here my know.
Thanks in advance,

· Registered
3,435 Posts
I'm not sure about the part number but the 318ti springs will not work with your car. All of the 6cly non-M3 springs will work. It is common for the original spring coils to break particularly near the top of the spring/progressive coil.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
springs

The springs were a fast purchase not to OEM the TI, I thought I might be able to upgrade the TI suspension.
So my problem is identifying these springs....Thanks for the response....I am at a dead end with these. It is hard to believe that these are so hard to ID
Cheers....

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claification

I am trying to see if a set of springs I bought off ebay part #11 38312 (stamped on the rear coil spring) would work on my '94 325ic - which has a broken rear coil.
I had purchased those to see if they could work on my TI...which the TI is long gone.
I thought since I have them maybe I could use them....but am finding it impossible to know what car these springs are off.....I know they were for a three series.
Sorry for the confusion, but essentially I am trying to find what these springs will fit.
Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.