BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a major problem(s)!

Problem No. 1: In my e30, the blower for the heater and all that make a VERY loud noise when it is turned up to the second or third speed. I'm in the process of taking the blower out and trying to look at it more closely, But if this has every happened to any of you, lemme know what you think... I NEED to know how to fix it.

Problem No 2: Also, my air conditioning is broken. I'm not sure what it is - What could this be? Could any of you list some things I should check into?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]@Sep 9 2003, 08:03 AM

Problem No 2: Also, my air conditioning is broken. I'm not sure what it is - What could this be? Could any of you list some things I should check into?
probably the compressor, or may be in need of a re-charge

·
Registered
9 Posts
its very possible that the cage fans on either side of the blower motor have cracked apart and shattered inside the housing and the blades still attached are whirring against the loose ones, happened to me. the only way to fix it is to replace the whole blower motor, the fans are factory balanced. as for the ac, it has to either just need a recharge as MrM3 pointed out or the compressor has seized, which isn't a hard replacement but even after i replaced mine and had it professionally charged the ac still won't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I took the blower motor out and the cage and fan blades were cracked and it must be that when I turn the speed up they start vibrating/beating against themselves and make that hidieous noise. Well thanks guys. I don't know how soon or if I'll ever seriously look into the a/c, It will prolly be more $ to fix it than it is worth. If you have anymore advice, I'll gladly take it! Thanks again! -Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah unless you really like ac it will get too costly, a used compressor is in the $85 range and alot more new, and you have to purchase the tensioner tool, plus a freon and pressure charge is like another $45

1 - 5 of 5 Posts