BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 325i, While I'm in my car hear a small clicking in the back seat. I have nothing back there but I still hear it alot, im clicks almost like a relay might but I don't know if there is one back there or why, It clicks while the car is in motion and sitting still. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its random, I didn't start hearing it till the other day, and still can't find any thing. I'm going to get some one drive the car around for me to see if I can find.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Check to see if it is coming from the upper seatbelt guide, in the B pillar. On some cars, you can replace a couple of small plastic bushings to quiet down a small rattle.

BMW bulletin number 72 01 01
e46 38 and 39
Cars built prior to 1/01

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the exact same problem in my 2003 330i. The clicking sound is completely random, and I hear it while the car is moving as well as when it is stationary. I also don't have anything in the back seat or the trunk. I thought that maybe the clicking was coming from the box on the roof where the alarm motion sensor is. Then I thought it could be a seatbelt buckle that was rattling around. I don't hear it, though, when someone is sitting in the back seat. If anyone can figure out what the hell the noise is, it would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a similar issue. I think it may be related to the cold, because I've only noticed it during the last week, when it has been about 15 degrees in MD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to take the car out in a few, I just finished moving the snow out of the drive way, I'm in Northern Delaware and we got hit pretty good last night. I'll let you know if I find any thing.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts