BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.....I just ordered a set of clear turn signal/side marker/tail lenses. Shortly thereafter, a friend told me I should look into whether or not they are street legal. I remember hearing something along the lines of turn signal indicators having to be orange/amber. Does anyone know anything about this? If I get clear lenses with amber bulbs, does this satisfy whatever laws may be in place? Thanks.

Rich

·
Registered
391 Posts
As long as the light blinks amber you should be OK. There are bulbs on market that are silver in color but blink amber. These bulbs eliminate the "egg yolk" look of a clear lens with an amber bulb. The down side to these bulbs is that they are about $20 a pair. There has been a past post about taking a normal bulb and lightly painting it so that it looks silver but still blinks amber.
Ben

·
Registered
21 Posts
Federal law dictates that turn markers must emit an amber color, but Mach5 is right, they make silver bulbs that blink amber.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw these bulbs on ebay for like 13.99. I got them for my e46 all the way around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts