BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.....I seem to have some sort of condensation/scunge on the inside of the instrument panel face... Its been there since my AC blew. Question is .. is there a way to take just the clear face off to clean it? I am not mechanically inclined and sure dont want to get into anything electrical by mistake cause with my luck I would blow something up... :help

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
if you dont feel competent in handling things like electronics etc., i dont recommend doing this yourself because your gonna have to unscrew the dash and take it out to get to the inside of that panel. and there are definately a whole lot of wires and electronics there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need to disconnect the wiring behind the instrument panel and/or remove the panel completely to access the area or is it possible to leave everything intact? With battery disconnected nothing should be damaged if I can get away with leaving connections alone?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i dont think youll need to disconnect the wiring behind it, but im also pretty sure theres a lot of stuff you have to take out to get to behind that glass piece. do a search on google for instructions on how to do this or for a diagram of the dash...that should be a big help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you. I tried that and got several responses, was trying to clear it up here but I'll keep looking or just leave it be. B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts