BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get my tips looking "so fresh and so clean, clean..."

I don't want to buy cheasy tips to replace my stock ones (I don't even know if you can, it looks like they're welded straight on).

Is there a product I can use in combination with elbow grease to get the tips looking newer?

How have you gone about freshining up your tips?

·
Registered
146 Posts
try Never Dull. It generally does a decent job on shining things up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey geoff i got the stuff for ya. Eurosol from www.bavauto.com

Removes rust and all the junk from metal surfaces. You can see some pics the got on bavauto. I bought some and got it sitting on my desk, for when i do my window trim but i havent used it yet. $10 bucks so give it a shot. Last time i bought some paint shit from bavauto for 13 bucks i thought it would look like crap and it turned out to be one of the best puchases i made for my car, hopefully this eurosol will work good on my window trim :)

-mark

·
Registered
39 Posts
On my stainless BMW tips I use laquer thiner to get the tar and junk off, then use Mother's Aluminum and Mag polish to shine 'em up. There's probably something more specific for stainless, but that stuff's all I got. You put it on shoe-shine style and they look 10 billion times better. They look brand new. All shiny. I think the trick if you haven't cleaned 'em for a while is the laquer thinner. Just don't get any on your paint. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by whamman@May 28 2004, 02:01 AM
On my stainless BMW tips I use laquer thiner to get the tar and junk off, then use Mother's Aluminum and Mag polish to shine 'em up. There's probably something more specific for stainless, but that stuff's all I got. You put it on shoe-shine style and they look 10 billion times better. They look brand new. All shiny. I think the trick if you haven't cleaned 'em for a while is the laquer thinner. Just don't get any on your paint. :)
Can you snap a pic of your tips?

Mark - thanks for the tip!

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by whamman@May 28 2004, 01:01 AM
this is my method, however i dont have tips on my car.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I used thinner as well. Worked quite well. However, I still have some carbon deposite build up I can't see to get rid of.

Bry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts