BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I've just got a 91 525i. My first Bimmer. Sad to say I've had a bunch of problems from central locking system to a funny "clacking" sound when trying to start the car first thing in the morning. The engine will crank but will not start. I live in Hawaii so it's not like it get's really cold.

The battery is new and the starterand solenoid is also new. Occasionally, when the "clacking" sound is not there and the engine starts (after a lot of coaxing), it will initially run rough then smooths out and purrs like it should. Then when I try to start it again, it fires right up and runs great. What's going on?!

Any info, ideas, or solutions to this problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aloha!

·
Registered
27 Posts
it would better to help assist if you were to be able to post a vid with the sound. it could be the starter, ring gear, or something else even. there is no way to tell without actually hearing it.

by the description, though, i would be suspecting the starter. don't let the fact that the unit has been replaced make you feel that it *can't* be the starter. i have seen some units bad out of the box for various reasons.

df

1 - 5 of 5 Posts