BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that my 2001 M3 is chipped with a dinan chip. I called Dinan and they said that my cars top speed is now 201 mph. and it will rev 150 rpms higher on every gear.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It won't go anywhere near 200. If it had the power, yes, since they say they removed the top speed limiter, but it doesn't put out the power to go that fast.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
He actually is correct, the Dinan website does say..."With the top speed governor removed, the car is now capable of achieving 167 mph in fifth gear; the tall sixth gear ratio provides a "theoretical top speed" of 201 mph." I'm not quite sure that really means it would go 201 but it is possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, basically the car s tires will probably give out before it hits that speed, and I probably will never take it anywhere near that speed, but the very cool thing is that it revs over 150 RPMs on every gear and it gives you smopther power in sport mode which i think is important. The reason I didnt know is because I got the car certified preowned from BMW and they didnt mention it. I went to a different dealership to have the car serviced, and they realised they didnt have the computer to read the chip. They explained to me that it had a Danin chip and that I have to take it to an authorized Danin BMW dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts