BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out driving today on the highway, an incredibly long straight away. So i take it up to 110, and the check engine light comes on. I slow down and it goes away. Hasnt come back on since.

was there something wrong or was it just because i was going that fast?

thnxs for the help in advance

e36 318i

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
what RPM were you at when it came on? If it comes on at the RPM regardless of gear, there is a problem. If it came on and went off, I'd be more will to call it a glitch.

·
Registered
310 Posts
well i think it would be just a glitch, but go again at that speed and check it out

·
Registered
310 Posts
yer true, might aswell give it another bash at 110 :driving

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
you mean all 8 more mph before the limiter kicks in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went out yesterday and tried it through all the gears. Its not coming on anymore. So that means its good?

Another question.....last night i was drinkin a bit and i let my girl drive us back. She assured me she could drive stick. So we were comin back to campus and she let the clutch out to early and jammed it into 2nd anyway. I heard a little pop. But everything seems fine this morning. I guess there might of been a little burning smell when we parked..... Was that just the clutch...

In any case no more driving for her.....and this morning she admits she cant really drive....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for my ignorance when it comes to cars. I can change oil and what not.....but anything beyond that is a mystery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts