BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car keeps telling me to check coolant level and this started after I repalced the radiator 2 weeks ago. Heres the kicker......Its not leaking out of the car!!!! Could this be burning in the head????? Scary .. I could potentially fry my engine eh? Any suggestions???

Cheers :beer

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
check coolant is never good. If its not leaking, are you having to add coolant? Does the coolant have oil in it? If you arent having to ad coolant and the color looks ok and your oil looks ok, its probably a bad sensor. If not, its probably the gasket.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Is it cold where you are? I've noticed my 'check coolant' comes on when it's cold, especially in the am when I first start her up. However, my coolant is not low and I'm not leaking coolant anywhere (I've checked again and again).

·
Registered
50 Posts
if you just replaced your radiator you probably just have an air bubble working its way out, this will cause the reservoir level to drop which will make the check coolant warning come on.

if the system has been closed for a long time and you are loosing coolant, check your plugs, burning coolant will cause a green tint on the spark plugs, next is a combustion gas in coolant check. this test is easy to do and the kit is fairly cheap from napa or other auto parts store.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it definitely is not leaking anywhere that i can see and the car never gets hotter than halfway on the gauge. At most, I have to add a cup of water maybe once. when i am hard on the enginelike up hill i notice a smell coming from the car that smells like burning rubber but also smells like maybe burning coolant...does coolant smell like burning rbber ever?

Cheers :cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
i hate to recommend thi$, but if you're really concerned about blowin your engine, and you cant find out what the problem i$, i'd $ugge$t taking it to a BMW dealer$hip. yeah, they're expen$ive, BUT, atlea$t they'll find out what the hell i$ wrong with your bimmer dude. might be worth a wad IMHO

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts