BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i need a little help, i got into my car after work tonight and when i turned on the car the check control light came on and it says brake light circut and then SEE OWNERS MANUAL. but the only problem is, is that i dont have a manual for the car yet. Anyonw know what this may be?? Thanks :dunno

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i dont, that was the first thing that i check cause thats what i thought it may be....any other ideas?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
if its still there (the light) than all i can suggest is take it to the mechanic to see what it might be, also dont forget to check the middle brake light.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all brake lights work...thanks though, always apreciate the help

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
does the car have non-amber tails? If so, it is a common fault caused by swapping them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope..everything is stock on it right now

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have read on some forum somewhere this might be due to contact problems,
try cleaning the brake light contact. Also I have read about burning on the contact.. apparently It's documented... sorry I cant remember the link to the exact page. (Apparently the OBC measures resistance of the circuit, and dirty can lead to a warning that a brake light has failed).

If it's not the contact try the below
Hope this links help
Brake Circuit Failure Fix

Good luck

Brodieman

·
Registered
392 Posts
yea that warning comes up on my car every now and then, then it just goes away, i think u can take it to the BMW dealership and get somethin fixed for like 20 dollars and it will stop sayin that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, just saw your question on the Brake Light thingy.. This has happened to me and I have after talking to the BMW $tealers that there is a swtich that wears out of a period that needs replacing, around $70.00NZD this is the brake pedal switch which I was told was under the dash towards the passengers side. WHat happens is the switch sometimes makes and breaks contact and the check control see's that you have not touched the brake pedal and therefore knows something is wrong.. This is very common on 95-98 E36, my 99 E46 has just started doing this... Grrrr.

Cheers,
Bryce.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts