BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm from Brazil and almost buying my first "bimmer"... I have two in sight: a 1992 BMW 325 i 4-doors and this 1994 BMW 325 iA 2-doors. I have to say that I've fallen in love with this 2-door beauty :w00t !
Prices of BMW's here in Brazil are very different (and higher) than the prices around the world, but the 4-doors is more or less U$ 7000 and the 2-doors around U$8500, and these are probably the best prices I'll get here.

But I have a question: neither the 2-doors nor the 4-doors have electronic air conditioning systems, but I managed to find the elctronic controller for a real cheap price (at least here is cheap: around U$ 120). But this controller according to the seller is from a 1998 BMW 328. I'd like to know if it's possible to install this controller in a 325 and what I'll need to buy along with the controller to fit it. :wrench

Thanks in advance :beerbuds

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Think it couldn't, because I have an original complete airco (manual) left, and there is an iron steelwire for operation a valve. In a fully automatic aircosystem everything goes with servomotors!!

Conclusion, save your money and don't buy that controller!!!! :nope

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
this has been debated over and over again. Can it be done? Yes. What will it take? A complete redo of the AC system. Is it cost effective? Not at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts