BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CD changer (not Bose) on my 96 BMW 328i went out suddenly. The cassette loader (6 CDs) stayed stuck, i could not eject it. Because of previous performance record, I thought the CD changer was broken so I decided to look for a new/used one. A friend of mine who just bought a used BMW had one because he replaced his with a Bose one. The long and short he gave me his and installed it for me. It worked for 1-2 mins then went out the same way as mine did?? The loader cannot be ejected!! Do these changers have fuses?? What could have gone wrong??

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
hmmm have you checked your power cord? or a connection at the head unit. it sounds like you might have blown the changer, the fuse would be inside if anything.
the big question is do either work now? and if they do have you tried yours in his car?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
take a credit card or a license and push it underneath the cartdrige in the middle, and kind of "pop it in" and out. it should trigger the release spring. If the cd itself is stuck, take it out of the car, pop off the cover and rotate the gears by hand to move it out of position. Ive had to this twice becuase some idiot put a 7th cd in my 6 before I got my alpine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts