BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CD tray stuck in the changer. This has happened many times before, but when I exerted light pressure on the tab, it released. This time it will not release. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is this a factory 6 disk CD changer from Alpine? If so, just insert a credit card under your CD magazine. You will hear a click and the magazine will pop out.
When you remove your magazine and find a CD still in your changer, just remove all your CD from you magazine and put it back into your changer. The Cd will be put back into you Magazine the next time you take it out.

good luck............

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my CD changer in my E46 coupe.

Its happened a few times before and usually will work after a few days driving. But has now been stuck for a few months.

I tried the credit card trick suggested, but no joy.

The changer is the standard 6 CD version, factory installed. It has the number "8 364 931" on a sticker on the magazine.

The eject button doesnt do anything. The system shows NO MAGAZINE when I select CD MODE.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I had an E46 in the other day, same thing as yours....the fuse on the underside of the changer had blown. Replaced the fuse and everything worked normally again. I would check that first...hopefully something simple like that and not have to pay for a replacement!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks.

How do I get to it. The Changer is mounted on the left of the boot, in a cavity cut out of the side of the boot. Do I just pull the side cover back? Is it clipped or screwed on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm buying a new E60 530i and that includes an in-dash CD player...will that play mp3 and wma CDs??? Or do you have to purchase another special CD player from BMWs???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts