BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
My 95 540 has the memory mirrors. When I move the switch to the right the mirror goes left and vice versa and up is down and down is up. Except that up and down on the driver side works just like it should. I poked around and I'm sure the passenger mirror has an open feedback resistor so no position signal back to the computer. When I move the gearshift to reverse the passenger mirror runs up to the stop and then down to the stop. I think this is because of the open sensor. If I use the memory function the seats go to the correct position but the mirrors do squat. Any clues?
Chuck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one wants to tackle this one.
Then let me ask this, not ever owning a BMW before. If you push the mirror adjustment button to the left the mirror should move to the left and up should move the mirror up. Is that correct?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by chuck540owner@Jan 24 2004, 11:14 PM
I guess no one wants to tackle this one.
Then let me ask this, not ever owning a BMW before. If you push the mirror adjustment button to the left the mirror should move to the left and up should move the mirror up. Is that correct?
Correct.

Also, with the switch set to the passenger side (it may be the driver side, not sure) and you put it in reverse, the passenger mirror should tilt down.
With the switch set to the other side, it should not move when selecting reverse.

As for your problem, you may have a bad driver seat switch. I'll see if I can research that problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts