BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Live_the_Curves@Jun 30 2005, 10:06 PM
Ceramic Composite brakes are reallly really expensive.
[snapback]358759[/snapback]​
Actually this one I am talking about are not, it costs $80 canadian, which is about $65 us and they are carbon fiber not ceramic( two diff. thing), they are made by KVR Performance.

·
Pandemonium Director
2,372 Posts
Originally posted by zibby+Jul 2 2005, 11:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zibby @ Jul 2 2005, 11:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-peterkulesza@Jul 2 2005, 12:59 PM
email tirerack.  i never used them, but i hear they are bad cold, so not suitable for street.  but i may be wrong....
[snapback]359129[/snapback]​
Thanks Peter !
[snapback]359141[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

generally speaking, the higher the coefficient of friction of a pad, the more abrasive it is to the rotor, and the lower the rotors life with be.

you really just need to find out what the temperature ratings are for your brake pad, tells you alot about the dynamics of the brake pad.

i use EBC greenstuffs and love them.. they can be a little scary if you cruise on the highway for a long distance and suddenly have to hit the brakes because on first pedal application they dont do anything.. then about a second later(seems like a year) they GRIP. HARD.

but generally city driving they are fine.

more agressive pad materials do generally need to be at least a little warm to be effective.

·
Registered
729 Posts
so true.

i picked hawk hp plus. they have a stock bite when cold, and are vastly better when warmed up (usable on track). noisy as hell though. :driving i vouch for this pad. better than ferodo i used in the past.

hawk hps is no different than stock compound to me, despite their advertising. i tired it, and was dissapointed. tire rack credited all my purchases when i returned the pads (claiming only that "i don't like them"), no ?? asked. so i matched pads to what i liked, and came aways completely satisfied. if you email one of their reps, they tend to be understanding about this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by peterkulesza@Jul 4 2005, 12:41 PM
so true.

i picked hawk hp plus. they have a stock bite when cold, and are vastly better when warmed up (usable on track). noisy as hell though. :driving i vouch for this pad. better than ferodo i used in the past.

hawk hps is no different than stock compound to me, despite their advertising. i tired it, and was dissapointed. tire rack credited all my purchases when i returned the pads (claiming only that "i don't like them"), no ?? asked. so i matched pads to what i liked, and came aways completely satisfied. if you email one of their reps, they tend to be understanding about this kind of stuff.
[snapback]359528[/snapback]​
Hi Guys ! I found recently, that those carbon fiber have no" warming up" period ( At least KVR Performance claiming that !)

·
Pandemonium Director
2,372 Posts
Originally posted by zibby+Jul 4 2005, 12:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zibby @ Jul 4 2005, 12:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-peterkulesza@Jul 4 2005, 12:41 PM
so true.

i picked hawk hp plus.  they have a stock bite when cold, and are vastly better when warmed up (usable on track). noisy as hell though. :driving  i vouch for this pad.  better than ferodo i used in the past.

hawk hps is no different than stock compound to me, despite their advertising.  i tired it, and was dissapointed.  tire rack credited all my purchases when i returned the pads (claiming only that "i don't like them"), no ?? asked.  so i matched pads to what i liked, and came aways completely satisfied.  if you email one of their reps, they tend to be understanding about this kind of stuff.
[snapback]359528[/snapback]​
Hi Guys ! I found recently, that those carbon fiber have no" warming up" period ( At least KVR Performance claiming that !)
[snapback]359550[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

neither do alot of other pads. they still do, even though they are advertised as they dont. if they require NO heating period, they will probably fade fast as temps rise from repeated /downhill braking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts